Hotel: Manchester Grand Hyatt
Google for Social Security Advocates
- Precise keyword search (use quotation marks for phrases; keywords are never case sensitive):
- "residual functional capacity"
- rfc "residual functional capacity"
- Option: Uncheck "search ssa.gov only" for a full web search
- Other Search Options:
- Use filetype:pdf [filetype:doc, filetype:xls, etc.] and keyword(s) to return results matching the specified file type and keyword(s): filetype:pdf obesity
- Use * for wildcard searches: disab* returns results for disability, disabling, etc.
- Note: ssa.gov is a good typing shortcut for socialsecurity.gov
- Social Security is slow to post the latest CFR printing of its regulations, issued each April by the Government Printing Office. Check the current GPO version of the regulations at ecfr.gpoaccess.gov.
- Even a current regulation may be obsolete, since Social Security is slow to conform its regulations to changes in the Act. For example: In September 2010, the Title II regulations on stepchild benefits were revised to reflect statutory changes in 1996.
- Social Security Act
- Listings of Impairments:
- Social Security Rulings
- POMS– Program Operations Manual System
- HALLEX– hearing level policy manual
- Emergency Messages– urgent policy changes headed to POMS
- Chief Judge Bulletins– urgent policy changes headed to HALLEX
- Social Security Terms
- SSA Handbook– accurate lay summary of all entitlement factors
- Red Book– vocational incentives
- DOT– Dictionary of Occupational Titles
- SCO– Selected Characteristics of Occupations – 8MB PDF
- SCO – Caution: right-click to download – 26MB PDF – links and full search added
- OOH– Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*NET Online