- Social Security Basics
- Legal Resources
NOSSCR is a pioneer in legal education and advocacy for people with disabilities. Our national network of Social Security claimants’ representatives provides valuable resources to those who specialize in Social Security disability benefits, including Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). We want to assist you in providing the highest quality representation for your clients.
If you are ready to join NOSSCR, and if you wish to participate in our lawyer referral service for NOSSCR members, we invite you to learn more about our two levels of membership.
As you consider NOSSCR membership, we encourage you to read the NOSSCR Bylaws.
- We publish a monthly newsletter, the NOSSCR Social Security Forum, to keep you current on the latest developments in the Social Security Administration, the federal courts, federal legislation, Congress, and in legal practice.
- We sponsor two national continuing legal education conferences each year.
- We provide a number of Social Security legal resources for practitioners, including briefs, case citations, memoranda of law, questionnaires, etc.
- We give all members a promotional code for a 20% discount off all purchases from LexisNexis.
- We will assist you with difficult research problems.
- We alert you to developments in related areas of legal practice.
- We monitor class actions of national and statewide scope.
- We maintain an Office of Government Affairs in Washington, DC.
All members must attend at least one hour of Continuing Legal Education program on ethics annually. If you haven’t attended such a program, we will mail you materials at no charge.